Today felt like an eternity, every minute stretching on like a lifetime before me. I had such a hard time focusing, and being positive. I felt like I just wanted to step outside of my skin for a minute, to be someone else, somewhere else, walking a different path.
To try and shake the blues away, I went for a walk with my daughters down the abandoned railroad tracks near our house. It was so still and quiet, just the faint breeze, and the crunch of gravel under our feet.
We picked wildflowers, found seashells in the woods, looked at animal tracks in the dirt,
and enjoyed the last roses of the season.
We even found a few mushrooms along the way!
But most importantly it settled my heart. I found peace there in the woods with my girls. A calm reserve to face another day with gratitude and focus my energy on the beauty in my life that surrounds me every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment