Thursday, August 6, 2009

"New Year" Resolutions

It occurs to me on this second day of school that I should embrace this year and make a few changes in my life. With my littlest one off to school five days a week, I will actually have time built in to my day for me - every single day. So it only seems fitting that I make some "new year" resolutions. Some big, some little...

This school year I resolve to:

1. Write daily - it moves me, inspires me, helps me think things through, and keeps me grounded. I need to make it more of a priority, because it brings me such peace.

2. To strengthen my changing relationships with my oldest two children. They're growing so fast - into an age where they spend more time with their friends, confiding less and less in me. I want to work on maintaining a good relationship with them.

3. To be more organized and habitual in my housekeeping.

4. To scrapbook more.

5. To continue trying to reforge stronger ties with my family - to communicate more and about more important stuff.

6. To continue my education. Perhaps with a degree in Journalism or Culinary Arts.

7. To create a "project" to undertake - like paper recycling at the school.

8. Try and reconnect with or start a book club.

9. To make a life to do list and start doing it.

10. To plan a trip to Italy and go.

11. To eat better.

12. To walk or bie daily - building up to 8 miles per day (New Zealand here I come).

13. Read more.

14. Be more earth friendly. Use recycled products whenever possible, drive less, and use environmentally friendly cleaning supplies. Overall to reduce my footprint.

No comments: