So here is my daily rant - I hopped online yesterday to read my email and the news on CNN, like always. Usually the news just makes me plain old sad - to see all the crap that's going on in the world...But today it pissed me off - completely pissed me off! I was reading this article about how some Iranian ships had a confrontation with the US Navy in the Gulf. Iran denies any such thing, but apparently three Iranian vessels approached a Navy ship, one of which got close enough they had to fire a warning shot. The US Navy says it was no big deal, but, like I said, Iran says it didn't happen. In fact, here is the quote that appeared in the IRNA (the official Iranian news agency).
IRNA said the U.S. media "tries to portray the Persian Gulf as a turbulent area in order to prepare the grounds for the permanent presence of U.S. forces in the region."
Excuse me?! I believe they are the country currently continuing their nuclear energy program (purely for energy reasons, of course - note the sarcasm...) which the UN has repeatedly told them to stop. They have given us every reason (and don't get me started on their role in the War on Terrorism in the Middle East), by refusing to heed to UN's warnings, to feel our presence in the Gulf in entirely necessary. Honestly, do you want Iran to have Nuclear weapons?
Do they just think that things are going so damn well in Iraq and Afghanistan that we're looking to go to war with them too? Like we've got nothing better to do as a country with our resources to to maintain peace and fight for freedom throughout the entire world!
Honestly, there are some days when I feel we are on the brink of World War III with the Middle East! I just don't understand how religious differences have gotten so entirely out of hand. Does anyone honestly believe (except for the extremist Muslims like Al-Qaeda) that this is actually what God wants?
1 comment:
I hear you on Iran. I think the Navy should have shot that little gun boat or whatever it was out of the water. What part of don't mess with us in international water did you not understand??
Post a Comment