Monday, March 10, 2008

A Single Step

So you know what they say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Today I took my first step.

Throughout my life I have kept a mental list of all the things I would like to do, try, learn, places to visit...(As I think we all do.) One of my goals was to learn to play the guitar.

So today, after many weeks of painstaking research about models, books, size, the whole left-handed right-handed thing, I finally bought a guitar, case, strings, picks and a book and DVD set that claims it can teach even the most inept beginner how to play.

I ordered it online, and I CANNOT wait for it to arrive. I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve with childish anticipation. I love that - that feeling of sublime elation when you almost don't want to get what you desire because then the joy of anticipation will be over. Almost...

In all honestly though, it almost excites me more because it is something I have always wanted to learn. It makes me happy to think I'm taking steps to make some of my dreams come true.

No comments: