My friend "Snowflake" is reading a book called the Attitude of Gratitude in an attempt to be more grateful for the many blessings in her life. She has taken up the challenge, and issued it in turn, to find 10 things each day for which you are grateful.
I'm not sure I can do it every day, but for today...
1. A warm cup of French Vanilla Cafe after the kids go to bed - the perfect end to a great day!
2. Georgia Winters - it was a balmy 68 degrees with a slight breeze today, making it perfect!
3. A good book, which make you think, tells some hidden truth in your own soul, and even inspires you.
4. Mail drops...We got word today they're going to send mail out to my husband's submarine. I know he's only been gone a week, but it has been a really long week. And you know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. It's so much easier to see the good in someone when you miss them so much - he truly is my other half, the one who completes me. And it's not that I need him beside me, it's that I want him beside me.
5. Shopping for new clothes! I bought new shorts today, and thanks to a month of working out every day, I'm back to my old, pre-baby size. Can you see me doing the happy dance? Makes that 200 sit-ups a day worth it!!
6. Open-toed shoes!
7. My children - they have really risen to the challenge this week my husband has been gone. They've been incredibly helpful and thoughtful.
8. Chik-Fil-A and their yummy waffle fries. Man did I miss those when we were in Connecticut.
9. Ending the day with a clean kitchen, because that means, more importantly, that I wake up to one.
10. My husband's car - I've been driving his car while he's been gone, and it is so fun. After 8 years of the dreaded minivan and the curse of the soccer mom stigma, I LOVE driving something smaller. Open up the sun roof, crank some good music...
And now, I'm thankful that it's bedtime, and I have the most comfortable new mattresses on the planet!
1 comment:
Those were 10 wonderful things to be thankful for! Awesome job on the shorts, btw! I can just see you cruising with your sunglasses on! Glad to hear about the maildrop! Hope you get a good one back! (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment