Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I was reading this article the other day about writers and their “quirks” – how people who write often have a very specific time, place and even mood they need to be in for the words to flow well.

It was reassuring to know that I’m not simply crazy…

For me, it’s quiet. Not just physical quiet, although that too. But quiet in my head and in my heart.

I just don’t feel that way lately.

It just feels like the stress is coming in waves, steady and unrelenting. Each wave sways me, threatens to knock me off my feet. No sooner do I catch my breath and steady myself, than another wave comes along. And with it a great, thundering noise.

I’m so focused on just not falling on my rear, that I have no time to find that peace and quiet that I so badly need. Not that I know where to begin looking if I had the time…

I just can’t escape the noise…

No comments: