Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sleepless Nights

As I was driving onto base the other day, the chaplain's message on the church board said "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Sometimes that is so hard to do. Life starts to feel like one event after another - like of I can just make it through this life will slow down again. And yet somehow it never does. Something else inevitably comes along and messes things up. Life's routine is by it's very definition not routine at all. I find myself waking up in the morning and sitting with a hot mug of tea and reminding myself to face each day with a positive attitude. Life could be SOOO much worse.

And, I have a beautiful home with three loving and healthy children, plenty to eat, and nice clothes to wear. I really have nothing worthy of complaint in my life, and yet I still do. I know that happiness is a decision you make. Just lately for some reason it seems harder to put that into practice. I need to make it my daily mantra and tattoo it on the back of my hand so I don't forget it!

It is now after midnight, and I'm sitting here babbling, so I'm off to bed. So that I can face Monday with a good attitude. OK, well, being realistic, I'll settle for just not a completely piss-poor one! Night!

No comments: