Well, I obviously haven't been on here in awhile. I really don't have much excuse either except that life has taken over once again, and me-time has been pushed to the back burner. I am totally feeling it now, because my brain feels ready to explode from too much pent up, well, everything!
So, it has been a crazy month here. My daughter turned 9, and for one of her presents I finally agreed to let her pierce her ears. Up until now, when I asked her why she wanted them pierced, she would always answer because the others girls have theirs pierced. I thought that was kind of a stupid reason, so I told her no. After all, if she caves in to peer pressure now, what's going to happen later when something much bigger (i.e. drugs or sex) are on the line. So, when she said because she thought it looks pretty and that she was finally old enough, I had to agree. So, I took her the other day, and she was SO excited! She does look really cute, and I keep catching her looking at herself in the mirror. My issue is only that this was on my list of rites of passage as you get older...
To make me feel even older (as if that was not enough), my son just turned 11. Yup, 11! Most days I still feel too young to have an 11 year old. But, I digress. We were out shopping the other day, picking up Halloween Costumes, and he said he didn't want one. He said he was too old to get dressed up and go Trick or Treating! Too old! What does that make me? Ancient? You know, I am not much of a Halloween girl myself, but I found myself standing in the middle of Target almost pleading with him for just one more year. He just said no thanks...
So, here I sit, late at night, unable to sleep as my husband has stinky duty and is getting ready to deploy yet again, feeling a little old and quite frankly sorry for myself. So, I think I shall go make a cup of tea, take a nice hot bath, and melt my troubles away.
No comments:
Post a Comment