Sunday, July 17, 2011

As I pulled away on Friday morning, I felt this immense relief – as if the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders, a weight I hadn’t entirely realized I’d been carrying.

With four days and the open road in front of me, I felt free, full of hope and possibility.  With each mile more down the road, I felt the distance growing between this old life that was no longer working and this new life I still needed to create.  It was time for me to mold and shape that new life – to see the world as a blank canvas and me the artist in control of the palette.

I just didn’t know where to begin.  Or how.  Truth be told, maybe I was still struggling with why.  The only thing I knew for sure was that it needed to start with stillness.  I needed to quiet my heart and my mind so that I could see the possibilities and the opportunities when they presented themselves.
It seems crazy to me that the weekend ended with, well, an ending, when all along I had seen it as a beginning.

No comments: