You are gone now
and the quiet engulfs me
the loneliness
an ache
that haunts
and unseats me
I lay with my head on your pillow
in hopes of finding some small trace of you there
There are times
I sit in your office
in your chair
staring at the pictures
of the things you love
the moments in time
you have captured
the things that you hold dear
in hopes of seeing you there
of catching some small glimpse of you
in your special moments in time
I know you haven't been gone long
but already it feels like a lifetime
I just wish I could hear your voice
or feel your arms around me
as you hold me close and kiss my temple
I take for granted
how safe I feel when you are here
and how nothing feels right
when you are gone
And then I know,
I am nothing if I am not with you.
1 comment:
yep, I call that "the ghost of us" when he isn't here. Hopefully you guys enjoyed ( or are enjoying) your time together no matter how brief. Hugs
Post a Comment